If you learn by reading, books are the best investment you can make, both in terms of time and money. Books are cheap or free. We only have one life, but through books we can experience thousands of lives, learn the lessons of the past, avoid the mistakes others have made for us, and open our minds to new ways of thinking.
I take notes on most non-fiction books I read. Derek Sivers Inspired me to post my book notes online.
Reading someone else’s book notes can give you a general outline of a book, and maybe help you decide whether or not to read it. If you find your interest piqued by a set of my book notes, do yourself a favor and pick up the actual book. The ideas will stick around longer.
Book Notes Organized by Category
- Book Lists
- Perennial Seller by Ryan Holiday
- Growth Hacker Marketing by Ryan Holiday
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Trust Me I'm Lying by Ryan Holiday
- Personal Development
- The Flinch by Julien Smith
- Raise Your Inner Game by David Levin
- Managing Oneself by Peter F. Drucker
- Barking Up the Wrong Tree By Eric Barker
- Reinvent Yourself by James Altucher
- Gateless by Sebastian Marshall and Kai Zau
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck by Mark Manson
- The Last Safe Investment by Bryan Franklin and Michael Ellsberg