I think a lot about how to live better. I write here to collect my thoughts into something slightly coherent.
“Having eyes, but not seeing beauty;
having ears, but not hearing music;
having minds, but not perceiving truth;
having hearts that are never moved and therefore never set on fire.
These are the things to fear. – Sosaku Kobayashi, Totto-Chan
Hi. I’m James Stuber. I tend to learn on my own with an emphasis on building strong fundamentals and seeking pragmatic solutions.
I’m here to make a positive impact on society, in whatever small way, to the best of my abilities. To that end I am always:
- Building Strength - both physical and mental, so I can handle whatever comes my way, and build my capacity to do more work.
- Learning - to build a larger toolbox, through the experience of others and through practice: work, play, and experiments
- Improving Systems - so I can automate the important-but-boring and avoid my cognitive biases
- Cutting out the inessential - so I can focus on what’s truly important
Right now I’m:
- Working as an Engineer at a fusion energy research company
- Coaching Olympic Weightlifters
- Shoring up my Computer Science Fundamentals
- Writing for this blog
Some links on my page are Amazon affiliate links. If you buy something after clicking a link, you help me out without spending an extra penny. Thanks!
“JamesStuber.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”